August 01, 2006

EVER POPULAR PAV BHAJI !!

Pav Bhaji is one of all time favorites of every Indian in India and Indians around the world! One of my favorite for sure :)) This is my version of tasty Pav Bhaji which literally means Bread with veggie gravy!!I prefer to use only potatoes and peas although but any kind of vegetable could be used. Traditionally served with Pav which looks like square dinner rolls toasted with little butter until golden.I also love to use MDH Pav Bhaji masala which is available only in Indian stores but you could skip this if it's not available to you!!

Serve Pav Bhaji with golden crusted halved square dinner rolls, with some butter and sprinkled with onion-cilantro relish on top!! YUM!!

 

YOU NEED:

 1 tsp ground ginger,1 tsp ground garlic,
1 small Onion, finely chopped,
1 tsp Coriander Powder,
1 tsp Cumin Powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala



 3 cooked cubed Potatoes
1 Cup Peas frozen
1/2 Cup Tomato Sauce
1 tbsp MDH Pav Bhaji Masala
Salt,Paprika for color.



  Posted by PicasaTO GARNISH
1/4 Onion finely chopped
2 tsp Cilantro
1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
Salt...Mix all these.
Dab of Butter to serve


TO MAKE IT:

 1.Heat oil and butter, add onion and fry until reddish.Add ground ginger and garlic,saute`.Pour in tomato sauce,all the dry spices and saute` until the oil shows on top.Add 1 cup or more of water to thin out and stir.
2.Add potatoes and peas, cilantro , salt and simmer for 10 mins.




 
3. To serve, toast a burger bun or dinner rolls on one side until golden with little butter.
4.Sprinkle the garnish and little butter on the top of Bhaji and serve with a slice of lemon and toasted slices of Pav.



Bring in the 'Sidewalk Pav Bhaji cart' into your house and enjoy your own Pav Bhaji..!!:))

4 comments:

FH said...

Oh me too! I think only MDH brand pav bhaji masala come colse to tasting what we used eat in Belgaum!I never made it from scratch, I have to try your's!! I have been to Mumbai twice in my life , but didnot have the chance to eat any chaat :(

Thanks for visiting, Prajakta!

Anonymous said...

Hi Asha

Just made your Pav Bhaji, tastes wonderful.

Was easy to make, requires lil effort but tastes great. It’s typical of a dish I like, expecially on Fridays when it’s a ‘street food’nite in Dilips household. When my wife makes her version of Pav Bhaji, she adds every vegatable you can image. Plus it’s a usally made on Sundays when when most of my family is around and it does take some time to boils all the veggies, to feed 10 hungry folks. I think your receipe is great, will not take as long, still tastes great and more to the point even I can make it.

Thanks again.

Dilip

FH said...

Hi Dilip! Thank you and welcome to my blog!!Check out Alu-Chole-Bhatura!

I am really glad you tried this pavbhaji!! I love this version and I keep recommending to people to try bcos I KNOW how tasty it is!But somehow they are all more interested in other things!!:D:D

Family street night is a great idea,you are lucky!Try my salsa bhelpuri too next sunday if salsa is available!Let me know!

Anonymous said...

Hi Asha,
I check your blog often but never try many recipes because i feel you use elaborate process in most of your dishes.Your dishes look nice but I am sure it requires a lot of patience and time.So I always end up just relishing the yummy pics:) I prefer quick recipes.
I have tried your Pav Bhaji couple of times,and I just loved it.It's as good as the one we get in India.And easy to prepare also.
Thanx for sharing it.